CENTERPOINT is seeking a motivated and customer-oriented professional to support our HHS client. The candidate will support the HHS cybersecurity mission to ensure HHS can actively protect the vital health information with which it is entrusted, respond to existing and emerging cybersecurity threats, and continue to enhance the program to ensure HHS has the capability and capacity to respond to new and emerging requirements, technologies and threats. The Project Coordinator is part of the contract's Project Management Services team and will support project teams and system owners in ensuring solutions meet business needs.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, participating in, and preparing presentations for stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met by assessing project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar/schedule for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Collaborate with technical staff to determine project changes and develop project strategies.
- Make high-quality documentation that meets standards, is appropriate and easy to use.
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, verifies, and validates the business needs and requirements of stakeholders, be they customers or end users.
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of documentation and ensure that message is accurately presented.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Three to five years related work experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning and organizing.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Certification Requirement: Industry standard certification, e.g. PMI-SP, preferred.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in the field of business administration, finance, or information systems.
Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.